Wednesday, March 07, 2007

If 6 Was 9 ....

Was listening to a few tunes this morning.
this one goes out to Rich. in another generation you wouldnt be a metal kid. you'd be a free thinking hippy :)

how the years pass and yet his music still speaks. thats how you tell the greats from the fakes. the kings from the one song wonders. now kids ... your homework, who am i rabbiting on about :)

LYRICS
......

White collar conservative flashin down the street
Pointin their plastic finger at me, ha !
Theyre hopin soon my kind will drop and die but uh
Im gonna wave my freak flag high, high !
Oww !

Wave on, wave on...

Ah, ha, ha
Fall mountains, just dont fall on me
Go ahead on mister business man, you cant dress like me
Yeah !

Dont nobody know what Im talkin about
Ive got my own life to live
Im the one thats gonna die when its time for me to die
So let me live my life the way I want to
Yeah, sing on brother, play on drummer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the sun refused to shine
I dont mind, I dont mind
(yeah)..........

Jimi Hendrix

Got the LP!
Don’t think too much, just relax and enjoy the music... Sometimes it's better to be left wondering.
Miguel.

SHAUN FOX said...

what are old folk like you doing up past 11PM :) only graphic designers are allowed that privledge! hehe.

Muchas Gracias for stopping by Miguel :) you should make it a regular. you have the LP ? original ? damn, you will have to dust it off when i stop in.

Hendrix, what can i say eh. classic. funny the more i listen to new music, the more i find myself digging backwards as well for the greats.

Time Machine arriving soon :)
take care, more "material" coming your way soon. adios ameigo

Anonymous said...

Yeh, well we cannot all be up that late at night.... some of us need "beauty sleep"!
But yes, I was going to say "Old Jimmy Hendricks" too.
We did come from the "Hippy Time Warp"!!

SHAUN FOX said...

NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN!
Hendrix was a master, cant get enough of his music, and as so many of them .. they all passed before their time.

timeless.