Monday, April 09, 2007

Right Place ... Right Time

Just out doing some personal photography for UNI and my collection. Basically taking shots of anything with interesting textures / colours / shadows, nothing specific at the time....

so im down at the Swan River foreshore next to this huge date palm. iPod in pocket, listening to C2C, camera in hand, just chilling out taking some snaps. along come this British couple. ...

*cue interruption cough*
"Excuse me! ... excuse me, we've been watching you from over there. can you tell us what you are you taking photos of?"
*im standing in front of a date palm. i thought it was pretty bloody obvious myself.*
"Is there birds or things in there? is that what your after?"
*my reply is a genuine, nope just taking shots for my design work.*

funny thing with fate, you can never tell when its gonna smile on you, bound to never repeat, you just have to be there, right place, right time. long story short, the couple walk off, and no sooner were they 5 meters away, a couple of Rainbow Lorikeet Parrots arrived to pose for me in the palm. i couldnt believe my luck, chewing away at lunch (dates) they were about 1.5 meters away from me, aware but not scared of my presence.

nice to be out for awhile and not take things so seriously, to just remember how unique things are outside our doors. natures own colour palettes. click each one for a larger version.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice shots! Wow, I would love to have been there must save one for my desk top !! lol:)

SHAUN FOX said...

Was awesome. these two had such a personality as well, like they knew after 5 mins that i was just taking photos. i must have looked like an idiot just staring at this palm tree for 30mins to any passer by lol.